Select a Track or Package to learn more and get started.
Traditional one-hour counseling sessions.
- Track 1: Preventative Maintenance Track
- Track 2: Marriage/Relationship Repair or Mixed-Agenda Couples
More intensive counseling with a personalized learning plan to increase effectiveness and long-term results.
Scott’s Approach to Marriage/Couple Therapy
R. Scott Gornto has a growing reputation with couples for getting to the bottom line and identifying the couples cycles quickly and with precision. Clients frequently leave sessions with Scott saying. “We got more out of that session than….”
What makes Scott clinical work unique:
- His ability to connect and read people
- He spots the central issue(s) quickly with precision and clarity.
- He assists client to transform unhealthy behavior and produces long-term change.
Scott’s innovative Auxano Approach© emphasizes two fundamental concepts: Connection and Growth. These two concepts are the catalyst for long-term change, giving life to the best version of you in your committed relationship. His approach assist you through conflict, empowering you to stop reacting, and, ultimately, give life to the best version of you. The result is a deeper friendship, partnership, and intimacy in marriage – leading to a passionate and meaningful sex life, calmer dialogue and increased fulfillment and satisfaction in life.
Based on Scott’s Auxano Approach© to Relationships:
- Communication/Conflict Resolution
- Discernment Counseling
- Family of Origin
- Infidelity Repair
- Parenting & Blended Family
- Relational Therapy
- Sexual Addiction/Recovery Couple Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Sexuality in Marriage/Couples
- Sexual Compulsivity/Addiction
- Sexual Abuse
- Physical and Emotional Problems with Sex Including: Low Sexual Desire, Conflict Over Desire Levels, Erectile Dysfunction, Pre-Mature Ejaculation, Pain During Intercourse, Inability to Orgasm
Track 1: Preventative Maintenance Track
(60, 90, 120 min. session – 2-4x a month)
For couples who both are committed to the marriage/relationship and are open to the process of change and healing. This is NOT for couples who have recently experienced a life changing marital/relationship event such as infidelity, emotional divorce or separation.
Track 2: Marriage/Relationship Repair or Mixed-Agenda Couples
(60, 90, 120 min. session 1-2x a week)
For couples who both are committed to the marriage/relationship and are open to the process of change and healing. The couple may be experiencing significant issues such as infidelity, emotional divorce, separation, or discussion divorce. Some couples take advantage of this track who are dealing with moderate issues with family of origin, communication, conflict resolution, parenting issues, blended family and other struggles.
Additionally, this track is for mixed-agenda couples. Meaning one person is leaning out of the marriage and is struggling with whether to stay in or get out of the marriage. The other person is leaning in and ready to do whatever it takes to save the marriage. Over 30% of the time, couples come to therapy at this place in the relationship. Discernment Counseling is a process that creates a holding environment for the couple to understand one another and decided on whether the marriage is worth saving in the presence and with guidance from a unbiased third party.
The Truth About Marriage© Couples Intensive
*Designed for Couples in Crisis, Seeking Marriage/Relationship Repair or Couples Who Want Faster Results
1 day intensive (4 consecutive hours) or 2 day intensive (8 hours total over two days)
This intensive is for couples who are both committed to the marriage/relationship and are open to the process of change and healing. This is for couples who are experiencing significant issues such as infidelity, emotional divorce, separation, or discussion divorce. The one-day and two-day intensive is for couples who are dealing with multiple significant problems, whose level of hopelessness is severe and the marriage is headed toward divorce without treatment. *Some couples take advantage of this track who want to expedite the process of growth and change
Benefits of Intensive:
- Remove distractions of home and work to focus solely on your marriage
- Break your emotional gridlock and unhealthy cycles with back-to-back sessions
- Receive powerful tools to help you continue your work back home
- Get more accomplished
- Get faster results
Affair/Infidelity Repair Package
The Affair/Infidelity Repair Package is a 10 session intensive that creates stabilization for your relationship after an emotional and/or sexual affair.
- Provides a structure and solutions in the crisis
- Learn what is critical do’s and don’ts of repairing your relationship
- Gain a clear path of where you are and what work needs to be accomplished
- Understanding the why question behind the affair
- Work toward a path of healing, restoration, and recovery from the affair
- Instil hope back into the marriage
Includes: 10 hours of therapy, 3 books, workbook, articles, worksheets and take home assignments and a written structured step-by-step plan toward healing and repair of the marriage. (Additional consulting available upon request)
“Very often we don’t go elsewhere because we are looking for another person. We go elsewhere because we are looking for another self. It isn’t so much that we want to leave the person we are with as we want to leave the person we have become.”
Sexual and Relationship Recovery Package
This program is focused on solutions for sexual addictions, emotional trauma, and dual diagnosis issues faced by men. Focusing on sexual addiction, pornography addiction, relationship/love addiction, and internet sex addiction.
- Learn strategies to stop unwanted behavior and explore underlying issues causing addiction
- Free yourself of guilt and shame that drive unwanted behavior and find freedom from the addiction cycle
Includes: 8 hours of therapy written structured step-by-step plan recovery, book, workbook, articles, worksheets and take home assignments (Additional consulting available upon request)
“Sexual addiction can be understood by comparing it to other types of addictions. Individuals addicted to alcohol or other drugs, for example, develop a relationship with their “chemical(s) of choice”, a relationship that takes precedence over any and all other aspects of their lives. Addicts find they need drugs merely to feel normal. In sexual addiction, a parallel situation exists. Sex–like food or drugs in other addictions–provides the “High” and addicts become dependent on this sexual high to feel normal. They substitute unhealthy relationships for healthy ones.”