Scott Gornto’s perspective on psychotherapy takes into account the bio-psycho-social-spiritual issues that form a holistic and complete view of the person. His developmental approach to relationships, called the Auxano Approach©, highlights how marriage and relationship(s) invite us to grow ourselves up emotionally.
Additionally, his Truth About Marriage© Workshops assists couples in cultivating friendship, deepening intimacy, and improving partnership and his RQ Relational Intelligence program provides the necessary perspective C-level executives need to take their leadership skills to the next level through Relational and Emotional Intelligence.
At home, Scott is an American Abstract Artist (www.gorntoart.com) and enjoys golf, soccer, tennis, scuba diving, snow skiing, and spending time with his wife and their two boys.
- Licensed by the State of Texas as a Marriage and Family Therapist
- Founder and owner in private practice at Auxano Counseling™
- Creator of the Auxano Approach© to relationships.
- Graduate of Baylor University and Fuller Theological Seminary
- Currently working on his PHD in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) at Texas Wesleyan University (TWU).
- Graduate of the Clinical Residency Program in Pastoral Counseling and Psychotherapy from the Pastoral Counseling and Education Center (PCEC) in Dallas.
- Extensive training with Rick Carson, noted expert in Existential/Gestalt Therapy.
- Certified Sex Therapist with the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT).
- Professional affiliations include:
- Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Board Certified Supervisor by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapist (TMFT)
- Former President of the Dallas Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (DAMFT).
- Serves on the Advisory Board for the SMU Program of Counseling.
- Licensed and ordained and is a former church planter and pastor.
- The Power of the Positive Brain (January 5, 2017)
- How and When to Talk to Your Kids About Sex (October 5, 2016)
- For More Sex in Marriage…Think About It (June 29, 2016)
- How to Rescue a Relationship (April 6, 2016)
- 3 Ways To Maintain Your Relationship When Your Spouse Hurts You (October 5, 2016)
- How To Love Your Spouse, Even When You’re Angry (June 28, 2016)
- 3 Traits of the Most Successful Leaders (April 6, 2016)
- 3 Ways to Refocus Your Marriage in 2016 (February 2, 2016)